Friday, September 4, 2009

Wednesdays in the woods

(Can't help it. I do love me a bit of alliteration!)

I dragged 3 friends and one of my favorite dogs to Michaux Wednesday and although the logistics and the baby got, um, complicated, I'm hoping to keep Wednesdays in the woods as a tradition year-round, and next week will be smoother. Whenever we start aching to go back West (home!), I panic about leaving these lovely Eastern deciduous forests, and have lately realized I spend far too little time here. Although my actual hiking time was minimal, I did get to eat handfuls of late wild blueberries and gather a beautiful variety of mosses, along with the sweetest tiny lambsear and some bitty ferns, for my soon-to-be-filled (finally!) terrarium. And Reuben, while it lasted, was very comfortable to carry in his new-to-us backpack (thank you, Jeri--please let Andrew know!).

1 comment:

sallyavena said...

That just sounds like fun. How I miss those woods.