Wednesday, April 1, 2009

still more pysanky

Crafting time has been eaten up by pysanky this week. I've been making special eggs for the ladies on my visiting route for church, plus a couple of others I thought might like special wishes. Tonight/tomorrow morning is _time_ to do the varnishing & blowing & I'll show all my results then. I've had a few more friends over (okay, 12 in total--Marian insisted we count them up this afternoon), the girls each did a couple, andI worked in those precious night time hours that are working out better with baby this week. Lovely.
Last night, I had just a couple more tracks left on my audiobook (a crafting essential for me), so thought I'd finish it up and use the extra 8 minutes to organize that drawer of little ones' coloring supplies that wouldn't close. These are the loose colored pencils. Not the many boxes in their individual organizers at the upstairs table, or the twist-ups, or the boxes in their church bags or those that are part of bigger kits or the miniatures. Just the loose ones. I think we might not need any art supplies in Easter baskets this year...

5 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

I've always admired the rainbow of colored liquids in your blog banner. Are those your pysanky dyes????? Brilliant!

vfg said...

That would be cool.
But, no, they're just food coloring.

I was temporarily inspired by your comment to do just that, store them in nicer bottles in the light, but then remembered the dyes all are too intense & look really dark. So the garage it will be. Alas.

me said...

Oh, it looks like you had so much fun.

Natalie said...

So fun!

Weaveron Textile said...

wow, this print is very attractive and nice.
to get more fabric design in weaveron textile.click on this https://www.weaveron.com