Monday, December 24, 2007

still lovin' the acorn babies

We've been able to find great continuing application for all of the acorn baby blanks left over from the fall festival. Besides the 1st/2nd grade creative activities afternoon, I think Christmas crafts were a natural match. Marian made this little Santa for her dance class's annual homemade ornament exchange, as well as a nativity set for her grandmother. Of course, I made one, too (above), and 2 families came over to make their own. Shannon finished hers at home, so I didn't get a pic (yet!), but here is the one the Lyman kiddies made for their mother for Christmas. Last year, I helped them make polymer clay gingerbread men set, and the year before (before I moved to PA & became their craft maven), a sock snowman set. I think it's a sweet tradition. Check out the cow & sheep--also from acorns (cow horns even acorn stems!). I want that cow, but Mike (Lyman dad & cow creator) won't agree...

2 comments:

sallyavena said...

So cute!!! I was up till 1 crafting (last minute) and feeling very alone. I've no one to craft with this year, I guess I could have invited someone over, but never think that far in advance. I love the little acorn nativity though.

vfg said...

I just finished Christmas pajamas...and yes, it is 8 pm, Christmas eve. I like to think I chose the better part and played the last couple days instead of working, but everyone knows I just bit off more than I could chew. And had a good book this week...