Wednesday, May 13, 2009

IR

Reuben's visiting those kind folks (Interventional Radiology) this morning. He slipped off to sleep naturally because it had been an exhausting morning, and leaving him peaceful was even better than leaving him Versed-giggly. Plus, this time we sent for the IV team right away, so his IV was a "one-poke!" as Marian delightedly calls them (3 tries yesterday). We like those experts. And it was a good reminder that ports are awesome, even if it will leave a scar--pretty much guaranteed access. A port-a-cath is under the skin, so does involve some poking to use, but it is quick and Lidocained poking. I'm happy we don't need dangling "tubies", which hinder both bathing and cuddling. Reuben is just dabbling in solid food, so I'm hoping that easy-to-digest golden breastmilk will see him through all of this without the feeding sort of tubes, either. Mouth sores, stay away!!


We'll be in room 11, 3South. I'm off to fetch the suitcase.


AND
(Pretending I'm still craft blogging:) I brought embroidery for naptimes. I want to do this Mary Oliver quote for my living room:

Tell me, what is it you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?

Sort of wander-y. With sunshine.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. It somehow makes me feel better knowing you are doing well enough right now to post. So glad that you have good care and our prayers continue for you.

I hope that quote will be embellished with flowers and vines!

Take care and remember to rest some:)

Snippety Gibbet said...

I'm glad you have something to keep you occupied. You know those long hours of waiting around in a hospital better than anyone, I would guess. jan