Wednesday, November 7, 2007

little girls

I have a weird war dynamic. I hate war and war games and happily label myself a pacifist. But I also have a long-running adoration of soldiers, men & women who are ready to sacrifice everything, who want to help...idealized, but, still, I cry whenever I see one at the airport...

I also have a daughter who logs in time at the hospital regularly.

So I can't get this e-mail forward story out of my mind, whether or not it "matches" my blog. You, my readership of 5, will have to bear with me.

John Gebhardt's wife, Mindy, said that this little girl's entire family was executed. The insurgents intended to execute the little girl also, and shot her in the head, but they failed to kill her. She was cared for in John's hospital and is healing up, but continues to cry and moan. The nurses said John is the only one who seems to calm her down, so John has spent the last four nights holding her while they both slept in that chair. The girl is coming along with her healing.

No comments: