Friday, July 24, 2009

summer

Friends are in town. Visiting family, but we get to play, too.

Daily, this:We drive through the woods to Arendtsville, PA, to take lessons from Josie, the fantastic lady Sally took lessons from when she was a child. She told Audrey she was born for this, that she has beautiful long legs and arms, perfect for swimming, that "this is just her thing!" And Audrey is believing her. Blessed Josie.

Yesterday, this:(sharp eyes? the good news of my sister in that photo, too. more later!)

And a beautiful pack of children roaming the house and yard, busy with hours of non-stop imaginative play. A lot of Quidditch and Hogwarts (mostly 3rd year Ravenclaws here), which is appropriate.

Sally also helped me unpack my last, still hiding, batch of pottery, so she got to leave with this:Summer craft camp!

And now, I need to finish packing for this weekend's hospital stay. Reuben was scheduled for chemo earlier this week, but his white counts weren't quite there yet. I'm sad to spend 3 days of my sister's visit in the hospital, but glad that she got to spend a lot of time with pre-chemo Reuben baby, who is much happier than post-chemo Reuben. And I'm grateful the girls get aunt and cousin time while I'm gone. Because that baby is delicious, and they know it.

3 comments:

*Abby* said...

can i just say that I am in love with that headband the little girl in the first picture is wearing!! SO Cute!!!

me said...

I am so jealous, I knew Sally was going to go see you, and I am so glad that she was able to. I also love that headband, and I love that Sally got to craft with you. How fun.

Natalie said...

How fun -- I'm so jealous! Love that you get to see friends that have family close.