Tuesday, July 14, 2009

busy

My sweetheart mum was here for a week, and we were busy with summer goodness. Plus I always feel guilty to be on the computer while she's working. The week in review:
Reading
Berry picking (I happened on some wild blackberries, and a sweaty cycling cap was the only vessel in the car. Still De-Lish).
Bike riding (Me. New bike!)
Painting (the agonizing sort)
Painting (the fun sort)

Reuben has been misbehavin' a bit with a rouge fever that has wrecked havoc with my sleep schedule for the last couple of days. I did catch a record-setting 2 1/2 hours of sleep in the ER when we were there for most of Sunday night, but that just delayed our care: Mama stopped pushing the call button! Poor boy has been miserable and baking, but playful, too, which has kept us from health-panic. I'll post a video of a great new trick a little later today (assuming I can find our Flip), filmed as we self-entertained in the ER.

4 comments:

sallyavena said...

I love the print in the picture with the paint samples. And no wonder you recognized the fabric...you have it yourself. I'm thinking I need to get my hands on the tweedle dee or tweedle dumb of that line for the 14
back of the quilt I'm working on.

Snippety Gibbet said...

I clicked on the bike photo to get an enlarged view of the new "whip," but alas, it was not to be. What did you get? jan

irelynd said...

hey val i'm sorry ihavn't commented in awhile but ilove your blog!
<('-')>

Mindy said...

Oh, so fun! Mom is incredibly helpful, isn't she?