Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Autumnal

We had two lovely leaf afternoons, but it's been rainy (the same storms that have postponed the World Series in our fine state) and our piles of leaves are just not as nice lately. So I'm grateful for these moments in my favorite season.
(Audrey thought her leaf landing yielded a bird's nest, and the bird needed a good tootin' call.)
We have two 80-year old sycamore trees in our yard, far too tall to be explorable (and no low branches for climbing; you can see one behind me), and most of the leaves are about hand-sized. But every once in a while one of these GIANTS flutter down, and I think mystical thoughts about the topmost branches...
During my last labor, a photo of Audrey was really key to keeping me focused and determined: this is why! I remembered. I think this will be the one I take with me...very soon. A lucky boy to have such sisters.

5 comments:

vimahi said...

These pictures are amazing - I love your prego shots too. I wish I was so cute when pregnant

me said...

I love the leaves, when I was growing up we had such wonderful leaves, but not here. Our leaves aren't even really changing colors. Love the photo's.

Mindy said...

Love it love it love it

Snippety Gibbet said...

What a great photo of the girls. You have to be very loved to look that happy.

nyjlm said...

I finally have time to post how much I love these pix, and all of the goodies you sewed for the baby, and you've gone and had him and won't see this for weeks ;O
And the fall leaves! How I miss the leaves! In FL we might get a few trees changing color in Feb.
Enjoy your new baby and your big girls.