Thursday, November 13, 2008

baby baby mine

I have had grand plans of sorting the couple of hundred baby photos we have (can't erase a one) and writing out the birth story (exhilarating but hard) and writing a new e-mail that goes to current addresses (Nathan sent a next-morning one using a 3-year-old list of "who we send newsletters to") and...I still will. May very well.

But until then, by order of my sister Mindy, here are some photos of Reuben. On his one-week birthday, which was two days ago. It already makes me catch my breath that he is bigger than that now; I both feel slightly faint that this much time has passed I may not have cherished enough and panicked at the thought of the very recent past: I need the postnatal recovery of all body systems to continue, God-speed!

Reuben Anders Wilde Goates, 8 # 7 oz, 21", 5:56 pm, 11/4/08. Another post soon on being born on election day: a most auspicious time for birth and beginnings.

13 comments:

Miss to Mrs said...

He is just beautiful. Congratulations.

Kathi D said...

Oh!! He is beautiful! And so lucky to be born into this family full of love with not one, but TWO big sisters who will spoil him!

Congratulations! And how wonderful that he was born on Election Day, and especially THIS Election Day! An auspicious beginning, indeed.

Snippety Gibbet said...

Those are the sweetest photos. And I think he is beginning to resemble you and your hubby. Such a blessing to have a sweet tempered baby.......

vimahi said...

Oh so amazing - so cute. I hate that time goes by so fast. Just relax and enjoy - -LOVE

Christine Frandsen said...

PLEASE come to Idaho for Christmas!
He is such a handsome little guy, I'm excited to meet him!

Jessicajw said...

One more reason to celebrate this election day. Two historical moments. Obama as president and a new baby Goate born into this world. I am so happy for you, Nathan, and his two lucky sisters. And I love the name. What is the origin? It sounds like it is from a John Irvings book. Congrats from the West's!

Mindy said...

Thank you very much. He is yummy.

april said...

I'm so glad you put up some more pictures. He is just wonderful. I hope to hear more of his birth story soon.

nyjlm said...

he is so beautiful. those toes! the pictures are just delicious. I think he has Marian's eyes.

Gabaldon said...

Oh he is precious! So happy for your family:)

me said...

What a handsome little guy you have there Val. How exciting for all of you.

Maria Petrova said...

he is gorgeous. congratulations... so happy for you!

Cynthia said...

Congratulations! Aren't they such a joy? How are you doing? I am awaiting the glorious birth story. Enjoy your rest.